In all honesty, I'm still a bit intimidated by the idea of taking pictures here. The government has really strict rules about what you can and can't photograph, and you are supposed to get a photography permit from a government office. I don't have one of those, and haven't asked the question to know if it actually is necessary. Culturally, they say to always ask before taking a picture of anybody in the country.
I don't have that language ability quite yet.
What I DO have is a nice rooftop terrace, providing ample opportunities to snap photos from afar. Yesterday afternoon, we ventured to the top of the building, only to find ourselves standing, unprotected in the unforgiving mid-afternoon sunshine- yielding the above photos and a few more really miserable shots of me squinting. We'll try a different time of day next time...
Where are the horrible shots of you squinting??? We want to see them!
ReplyDelete