Saturday, August 23, 2008

Texas Hold 'em

In NYC, it was so rare that you would invite anyone into your home. It was always easier to meet somewhere else- a park, a bar, a restaurant. Its really nice to now live in a building with friends right there. You leave your door open, and it turns into an event with seven people sitting around your table. While it often feels like a college dorm (except now everyone knows how to cook!) its exactly the sense of community that I was missing in Brooklyn.

And that community feeling extends beyond our building and staff...

I've been here just a few weeks, but I already find myself in a weekly poker game. Without so many entertainment options in the city, people really network and create their own diversions. Lots of potlucks and games. Thank God I'm a fan of both!

No comments:

Post a Comment