but I'm not running!
Tonight we finally made it to 'the hash'- the international running and drinking club with a Khartoum connection. It was really just a bunch of foreigners running and walking for a ways, following spray-painted arrows. You pay a bit- and you get dinner and a couple beers. (In other hashes around the world, they tend to be big drinkers- here people put up with the walk/run just for a shot at two cans of Heineken!) Every week is a different walk- so you end up seeing some of the city. And meeting people that are here for all kinds of crazy reasons.
We ended up dining and drinking on the roof of an Ambassador's house- good food, good company, and a great view of the city! Once on the roof, we were circled and doused in water. I think those are top-secret initiations that I can't talk about. (And we got to ride in a UN vehicle! Very exciting!)
Not a bad way to spend a lovely Monday evening...
Looks like you are finding the connections pretty good for a Kansas/NY girl!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy,
Pat
that sounds better than my monday of open house!
ReplyDeleteawwwwwww!
ReplyDelete