Sunday, August 3, 2008

Out and about




So we saw a bit more of the city today... piecing it together. Street signs are virtually nonexistent- though that doesn't really affect any of us that travel by landmark directions, does it? A good, solid example of that:

To get to our apartment, after snaking alongside the UN compound for a bit, we make a U turn. To remember where, you have two options- Moony Hotel OR a closeby unfenced flock of sheep that often spill into the road. Apparently, several of the men resting in the shade close to these sheep are butchers. The idea is just to pull over and buy a sheep, and they will take care of butchering it for you. You know, for large get togethers and such.

While I don't presently have a photo of the sheep specifically, I did snap a few as we drove around the city today. Also while driving, we made several purchases from men standing alongside the road. While they were selling everything from coat racks to rugs to imported Syrian peaches. Boppin' along in aircon in stalled traffic, with vendors chasing after you with JUST the thing you're looking for- makes sense to me!

2 comments:

  1. melinda told me to tell you they are getting a noodles & co. at Zona Rosa in KC.

    ps. will you bring me a sheep next may?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so excited I love sheep. LOL
    Please be safe out there and hurry home. I love this blog thing I feel like Im living this experience with you through this thing.
    Thanks
    Your Colleague and Psycologist
    Mr. M LOL :)

    ReplyDelete