Monday, September 15, 2008

Loose ends

1. We have finally found butter! Locally made and saran-wrapped. Its a good feeling, the calmness that comes with having butter in your fridge. But I guess you all would know that. And you probably take it for granted!

2. I think today every single one of my girls made a basket at practice. That includes the 10 year olds that have to get a running start. We'll take it!

3. A student's father gave me a ride home after basketball practice. I had never met him, he just rolled down his window and asked which way I was headed. It was a very pleasant drive. He is Chinese- a businessman here, providing equipment to oil companies. I would judge by his car that he does fairly well for himself. It strengthened my understanding of the 'school community'. It seems its an actual real idea here. And rides are a real treat!

4 comments:

  1. so...did you stock up on butter???
    how full of butter IS your fridge???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach, it sounds like coaching just runs in the family. Glad you are enjoying it, BUT how do they practice with no food or drink?
    Do you hide and have some water before you start? Tell the truth..

    It is cool here, I had to wear a sweatshirt to mow this afternoon.

    G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are awesome. j bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,
    I Love reading your blog!
    I bought butter today, on sale at Shop Rite, I thought of you the entire time....
    Adina

    ReplyDelete