1. They will insist that you eat first, even though they have been fasting all day and you haven't.
2. Some people are living here in Sudan "because of the freedom". This rang true for a woman raised in Saudi. That's pretty crazy to hear.
3. They will tell you something is vegetarian, only to later list meat as an ingredient.
4. If you have previously mentioned that you like cake, the nice woman next door is going to make a BIG one. Chocolate, with lots of whipped cream and pineapple.
5. Women, no matter how covered up they are outside, enjoy talking about what all women enjoy talking about- men, dating, sex, repeat...
6. Sudanese traditional food tastes better when its done "Kenyan style".
I'm thinking the white dress with the flowers might be a great mother of the groom dress....does anyone else agree? Think you could get me one of those?
ReplyDeleteThat would make a great dress for the wedding..I would need bigger flowers on mine!! Get several of those in different colors, I don't want white.
ReplyDeletePhyl