Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ballin'

I am co-coaching girls basketball. This is exciting.
And the seasons have been announced. It was decided by the "league" of schools that we play against that basketball would run from September to November, with games starting mid October. Great.

One small problem- this year, Ramadan lasts the month of September. Meaning, half of our players fast from sunrise to sundown- no food, no water. They break fast with family and friends at sunset- around 7 pm.

This made for a very interesting team meeting today.
The girls are concerned. Frankly, so am I.

The courts are outside. No shade. At 2:30 in the afternoon, our current practice time, temperatures tend to cruise way past 100*.

lay-ups... defense.... scrimmage... ball handling, conditioning...

and no water.

Its gonna be one heck of a season, gals!

1 comment:

  1. 2 coaches in the family...this is pretty exciting! I'll be waiting for the game reports!!

    ReplyDelete