Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cheeky cheeky

Yesterday I was talking to one of our sixth grade girls. The PE teacher was also there. The girl was dying to talk about boys. "Ok. I have a crush his name is Daniel but don't tell anybody because he is only in the 5th grade and he doesn't like me because one of my friends told him that I liked him and now he's being mean to me." (breath. finally) whew!

The three of us, PE teacher, 6th grader and myself, decided that the best course of action would be to deny said crush. We also agreed that it was best to get close to him as a friend. The classic 'get close to him and then- pow! surprise attack!' move. She was very pleased with this advice.

The next morning, PE teacher finds me. Apparently, this still-unnamed sixth grader emailed her the following-
"Ms. Paar, Now that you know, do you think you could put me in Daniel's group in PE so that I could get to know him better? Thanks!"

Whaaaaaaa? Now, I was a brave little (but tall) girl at that age. And my initial reaction would be of shock and disbelief. Even I wouldn't do that!

Buuuuut... the more I think of it, the more I think maybe I would have done something along those lines. Ha. I'm feeling detached from my own sixth grade self. I no longer know what I was capable of back then! Thank God I have such great friends from that time- those are the kind of things they would never let me forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment