This girl is hired!
All important world events aside- we've got ourselves a house cleaner!
She passed day one with flying colors- even sweeping those four balconies!
(Remember earlier documented sand?)
Quality of life just increased dramatically.
We have begun pricing tickets for winter break. We have three and a half weeks to travel. We're very excited to meet my parents and grandmother in Jordan for 10 days. (An Amazon wish list is in the works!) And we are looking to follow that with 12 days in Uganda. Excellent! We're definitely trying to take advantage of living in this fascinating corner of the world- and we only have so much time!
Baby, Biscuits 'n Gravy & Grandpa
14 years ago
What am I doing in a classroom when I could be touring Jordan with friends? I must call you with tales of my surprise "Amazing Race" birthday party. Last stop? Building a balsa structure! Now how did our daughter think of that one? Love your blog! mvd
ReplyDeleteRachel!
ReplyDeleteYay! I finally caught up on about 2 months-worth of your blog. Ethiopia looked awesome- I'm glad yall got to go. :)
Also, I enjoyed hearing about all your experiences with Ramadan. It seems like it was a wonderful way for you to interact with the Sudanese culture and make new friends.
AND your cat is so cute! I love little kittens.
Life is well in Wooster, OH, though not quite as exciting as Khartoum. :-P We also have a house-cleaner- which is amazing and almost necessary with 5 ppl in one house. But the most exciting place we've been traveling to is Amish country. Which, I must say is pretty darn cool- you know you're in Amish country when there is poop on the highway, and all the women are wearing bonnets and the men have long beards :). Good times.
I'm looking forward to calling you!