It seems I forgot the best part of yesterday's game... The scene-My girls are attempting lay-ups, 10 minutes before the game. Some girls just don't hit rim. The idea of a rebounding line is killing them. We muddle through. The PE assistant at the school is attempting to coach them.
(This is the man whose connections brought us the Olympic runners.)
He comes over to talk to me. His English is rough, and I think he is making jokes about my girls being so good they could be the US National Team. "Ah, ha ha ha... Yes, yes... National team..."
Um, no. He is pointing to his buddy, walking across the field, who helps train the Sudanese National Team! He's coming to the game to watch and help! NOT the sort of thing you dump on a coach as her girls are air balling layups right before a game!
"Oh! Nice to meet you... Yes, my girls are young... Yes, they don't understand the game... Yes, they need more training..." And, its game time!
Wow Rach, I'm so proud of your coaching abilities! Remember our Middle School BBall coach- Mrs. Brillouet? :)
ReplyDelete<3 Molly