Our second game of the season. Score? 6-20. Much improved from 6-38!
A few highlights from the game (that much resembled a bad comedy)
- Its one minute until our scheduled start time. A girl gets out of line to come tell me that "My father says you lied to me. It is 3:00 and you said the game was going to start then. And he is here. And you lied."
- Carol, the girl with very limited English, has a shoe that is untied. The ref stops the game, tells her to tie her shoe. She doesn't get it. He tells her again. Repeat. Repeat. Another player from our time comes over, and ties her shoe for her.
- I glance back at the bench and see one of my players EATING A SANDWICH!
- Throughout the ENTIRE game, three girls take turns tapping me on my shoulder and asking me to put them in the game.
- Two players approach me after the game, and say: "Did we play well?" "Yes. You did." "Well, so what is our reward?" They wanted me to give them candy!!!!
I can't even remember all of the nonsense that went on. To get them to play defense and rebound, I told them if they didn't keep their arms in the air, I was going to make them stand with their arms straight up and jump for an entire lunch period. Ha! And it worked! It seems they actually think I'm crazy enough to make them do it! Ha HA!
Baby, Biscuits 'n Gravy & Grandpa
14 years ago
sounds hilarious! maybe you and Justin can spend some time comparing coaching stories! He can tell you how to teach them to FOCUS! just ask him!! :^)
ReplyDeletewow you really can't make this stuff up!
ReplyDelete