We've hired a maid. On a trial basis, of course.
We met with her this weekend- a sweet woman from Eritrea, recommended to us by a worker at the school .
She will come once a week and do the floors, dust, and do dishes and clean the bathrooms. Its almost too good to be true!
And all this for the grand total of 150 SDG a month- $75. (And we're paying her really well.) I really hope it works out- I'm so excited to come home to a clean house tomorrow!
Baby, Biscuits 'n Gravy & Grandpa
14 years ago
I would LOVE a housekeeper for $75 a month.....WOW, if she ever makes it to Kansas let me know!
ReplyDeleteCould you bring her Kansas when you come home next summer? What a deal.. Now you have more time to plan the Jordon trip!!
ReplyDeleteG;ma
$75 a month...I'm with Lisa...how many can you send to Kansas????
ReplyDeleteMaybe we could all get together and send someone over here to clean our houses for $75 a month. We would have Jacque, Phyllis, Mom, Me, and Lisa just for starters. They would think they hit the JACKPOT!!
ReplyDelete