What a speech. What a morning.
I think it would be amazing to be in that crowd in Chicago.
But there is also something really powerful about being here.
Waking up at 3:30 to watch the results come in.
Prancing outside, cheering for Obama with our guards and neighbors.
Arriving at school just in time to see the election called for Obama.
Sitting in a small room packed with students and teachers from everywhere watching his speech. Crying tears of pride and wonder and emotion with the few other Americans in the room.
Feeling a pride in my country that is very new to me.
Realizing I still have to teach classes today! ha!
A darn good race, finish, and speech... And I'm sure there will be enough going on in the world to occupy the now void of election news!
Baby, Biscuits 'n Gravy & Grandpa
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment