The neighbor ladies invited us over for breakfast. We met next door and then walked half a block to another lady's house. The hostess was a new friend that we had met at the Sudanese wedding last weekend. And Oh! What fun!
I regret telling the ladies that I like cake. It was 11 am, and I was chocking down cookies and cake like you've never seen before! And before we knew what happened, they brought out their wedding pictures from 20 years ago! Girt talk time!
We soon had to leave to go to a work meeting. (On a weekend, I know!) As we rose to leave, they ran off to the back room, carrying out a bottle of perfume. As they explained it, "you have to put on or you break our vessels!" Um... ok...
We sprayed down. And then some more, because we clearly didn't put enough on.
"Oh, it smells so good.... Thank you, thank you"
And we showed up at our work meeting 20 minutes later, smelling really special.
Baby, Biscuits 'n Gravy & Grandpa
14 years ago
Was it anything like Grace's house with the cookies and cake? I doubt they would try to shove cookies in your mouth while you slept. Oh Grace, there's no one like her.
ReplyDeleteRachel, you're goofy.
ReplyDelete