Monday, May 11, 2009

Haboobs

I have yet to get any photos that really capture the essence of a haboob- the cloud of sand that rolls in, bending trees sideways and putting sand EVERYWHERE. We've had a rough few days- they come in at night, blowing sand everywhere... and have continued, to a lesser extent, through the day- making it just uncomfortably hazy and dusty. They give me a headache, I can't wear my contacts, and generally create a feeling of gloom. Its like a rainy day, without the refreshing, often-welcomed pitterpatter of raindrops on the roof.
While I don't have any photos of the haboobs themselves, I do have one of the aftermath. This is the bottom of the door in our kitchen, leading to a small balcony. Our maid came less than a week ago. This is the damage after just 5 short days (and two haboobs).
There are paw prints and footprints all through this house, as everything is covered in a layer of sand!

No comments:

Post a Comment