Monday, October 5, 2009

Thank God for generators

These are crazy times in the 'toum.
Yesterday, the entire city of Khartoum was without power-
for 8 hours!
You can read about the power outage HERE.
I was pretty happy to have our building generator... no break in the air-con for us! Yes, we are a bit spoiled.

2 comments:

  1. Does the power go out there often? In Douala it will go out for four or five hours at a time during the day, and quite often for a couple of hours during the early evening. I don't cared during the day because I'm at work; but at night it drives me bonkers. No generator in our building. Fancy pants.

    Loschi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the power goes often. Usually its just different sections of the city- never the whole place at once. But we are, indeed, fancy pants. In this heat, I think we deserve it. :P

    ReplyDelete