Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back at it

I borrowed this photo from the local news- the president has been making appearances at all kinds of rallies and protests since the warrant was issued. Here he is in traditional Southern Sudanese attire. (It's similar to that worn by the dancers below, no?)

We are back in school today.
It's a little crazy, as one of our teachers was forced to leave this weekend because her husband works for Oxfam. We are also going to be losing several of our students because their parents work for the NGOs that have been kicked out of Darfur. Saying goodbye is difficult, especially as people are forced to pack up their lives and abandon really important work. Work that has been saving lives.

In losing a teacher, we are all having to come together to find ways to cover her classes. I am going to be taking on grade 6 language arts. Its a really, really great class. And it will certainly be a lot of fun. And challenging. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment: