Saturday, December 6, 2008

Peanuts! Get your peanuts!

So while at the souk, I got a little bored by Emily and Audrey's 35 minute haggle for a basket. I found myself wandering a bit, fascinated by the peanut guys. There was a peanut sorter, a measurer and a grinder. Phase one of the peanut process involved this nice man sorting out the baby bits of nut by swishing them around in the pan. Phase two involved the second guy harassing passersby to make a purchase. Phase three was the optional grinding of the peanuts into peanut butter. While I didn't buy (no need to fill the cupboards as you head to vacation), I watched them long enough that I was comfortable to ask for a photograph.

2 comments:

  1. how would this compare to candy corn sorting???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy some of that peanut butter and make some peanut butter cups!!!

    Well, maybe Santa will bring you some..

    G'ma

    ReplyDelete