Friday, March 19, 2010

Middle School Karaoke Night!

We survived karaoke! The kids were all so, so excited- dressed up all sharp and fancy. We had arranged soda, popcorn, and a karaoke list of about 80 songs. And I had worked with the tech guys to set up a whole karaoke system with my computer, speakers, microphone and projector. And it all worked!I've attached some photos. The videos are pretty awesome too. Those will come later. I feel really good about the night. For some of these kids, it was a really big deal.
A few highlights of the evening (besides the singing itself):

Me: "Hey- It's so great you could come tonight! I thought your parents might say no."

7th grader: "They did."

Me: "Oh, but you're here!"
7th grader: "Yeah, I just cried please, please, PLEASE, PLEAAAAAAAASE until they said I could come just so that I would be quiet."

Me: "You're wearing make-up! You look nice!"
7th grader: "I'm not wearing make-up. I never wear make-up. I hate make-up. But my cheeks look red, right?"

Me: "Yeah, they do. How did you do that?"
7th grader: "I ate hot noodles!"

2 comments:

  1. I love it! We all laughed!! It's great that they all had so much fun!! Can't wait to see the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like great fun..no singing here, yelling go hawks..etc..

    ReplyDelete