Saturday, August 22, 2009

the goings-on

A few notes on life here:

1. Our internet at our building is getting slower by the day. This is very depressing, as the school acts like there is nothing that they can do about it. (This may or may not be true.)

2. The excellent 'invite-only' happy hour at one of the embassies is now going to start charging a 20SDG cover to get in. I spent much of my time at the last FREE!! one convincing every embassy employee I knew (and met) just how classist of an idea this is. The poor teachers of the community bring a lot of life to that party! In the end, most agreed.
Though I still might have to start looking for sponsors for my occasional night out.
That's $9 just to get in!
Below is a lovely photo taken at the last *sigh* free happy hour.3. We are very much back in the swing of things. That means that most days, life really just isn't very exciting. We're working hard to change that!

No comments:

Post a Comment