Monday, July 28, 2008

How will my garden grow?


This silly camel picture has been guarding the SUDAN countdown on the desktop of my computer for months. That camel now reads -2 days- and some odd hours. eeks!

That gives me limited time to put an end to the great debate- Do I take basil seeds? Is it silly? Could I somehow coerce them into growing? Now, I have consistently failed with both basil plants and seeds. I could never make it happen on a Brooklyn fire-escape, but I am still convinced that I can in Khartoum.
Why such optimism? And where does it come from?

I suppose it comes from the same part of me that made the decision to go to Khartoum in the first place. I don't think it was my head. I guess its gotta be my heart.

1 comment:

  1. How's Basil, Dill, Sage and Lavender sound? Depending we could also have tomatoes! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete